The year 2000 heralded the arrival of the CORUM Bubble, an oversized watch with an even larger crystal. It was so radical it became the must-have timepiece of the new millennium.
The Bubble was originally offered with an unparalleled 44 mm diameter case with a towering sapphire crystal so tall it distorted the dial. With a size and shape totally unprecedented in watchmaking, the Bubble was an instant hit.Severin Wunderman was inspired by an experimental deep-sea dive watch from the 1960s, which was fitted with an enormous domed crystal to withstand the pressure of the ocean. That formed the genesis of the Bubble, one of the most recognizable wristwatches of its time.
These iconic watches are now available in 42 mm, 47 mm and 52 mm.
- Caliber: CO 407
- Power reserve: 43 h
- Frequency: 5 Hz, 28’800 vph
- Dimension: 14 ¼’’’
- Jewels: 34
- Winding: Automatic
- Function: Hour, minute, second
- Diameter: 48 mm
- Thickness: 20.05 mm
- Material: Titanium grade 5, domed double antireflective sapphire crystal, sapphire case back
- Water resistant: 101 meters / 10 ATM
- Material: Brass
- Color: Black, silver and gold
- Hands: Leaf-type, gold-plated, white superluminova
- Material: Rubber and synthetic
- Color: Black
- Interhorn: 24/20 mm
- Style: Pin buckle
- Material: Stainless steel